Winton House Care Home
This project involved overhauling the existing care home. The main drivers for the project being to increase resident capacity, modernise the internal and external aesthetics and create a focal entrance to the building.
In summary, the project involved the following elements:
- Creation of 7 bedrooms within the existing roof space.
- Construction of an octagonal glazed sunroom, lounge and external raised patio.
- New entrance with bespoke walkway canopy.
- Reconfiguration of internal layouts to suit operational requirements.
- Refurbishment of 29 bedrooms, en suites, communal ablutions, administration facilities and circulation areas.
This project was intricately phased so that residents were not displaced through the construction period and the building could remain operational at all times. The new and refurbished accommodation provides an enhanced and highly valued social space as well as high specification rooms with en suite facilities.
The Abbeyfield (Maidenhead)
Windsor - Berkshire
QS - Full Service