Founder's Reading Rooms
Part of a trio of projects to refurbish the south elevation of the Grade I listed Founder's Building, the most prestigious is the renovation of the Reading Rooms.
The works are being carried out with the upmost sensitivity for the building by using:
- historic paint sampling and analysis.
- consultation with archive photographs of the original spaces.
- as close as possible adherence to original materials and specifications.
- specialist contractors experienced in this nature of work.
Some of the rooms striking features include:
- 12 m high barrel vaulted ceilings with panel hung, decorative, fibrous plaster.
- ornate stone carvings.
- original oak bookcases with decorative detailing.
- oak and cherry wood patterned floor.
Royal Holloway University
Egham - Surrey
QS - Full Service