Chalvey Waste Management Station
The project involved the overhaul and modernisation of an existing local government waste management facility. The programme was designed and managed to ensure that the site was fully operational during the construction phase.
The primary elements of the scheme included:
- Demolition of the existing buildings including a large incinerator.
- Construction of two wide span buildings to house the waste transfer and vehicle maintenance bays.
- A two storey office building and car park.
- Extension of the civic amenities, and the construction of a new salt barn.
- Installation of a weigh bridge and associated control room on the newly formed car park area.
Slough Borough Council
Slough - Berkshire
QS - Full Service